Our transportation department is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of students and district employees. Our bus drivers follow all state regulations regarding school bus operation and traffic laws. You can rest easy knowing that your child’s safety is our top priority.
Riding the school bus is a privilege, not a right. We enforce bus rules to make travel to and from school as safe as possible. Please be aware that we monitor video and audio on all Otto-Eldred buses to ensure our drivers and students abide by these rules.
- Drivers may assign seats and change them as needed.
- Sit in seats; do not stand.
- Do not use abusive language or profanity.
- No food or drink on the bus.
- Students should board and exit the bus in an orderly fashion.
- Throwing objects is strictly forbidden and will likely result in bus suspensions.
- Keep all extremities (arms, hands, feet, etc.) away from windows and doors.
- Students may board and exit at assigned stops only.
- Be on time at the home bus stop.
- Wait at the bus stop out of the way of traffic and off of the highway.
- Remain in one seat during the entire trip.
- We strictly prohibit the use or possession of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs.
Should a student desire to ride a different bus and/or get off at a different stop, he/she must have the following documentation:
- A written note signed by a parent/guardian authorizing the temporary change on a specified date
- A written note signed by the parent/guardian of the destination household authorizing the temporary change on a specified date
These notes must be turned in to the school office before classes begin. After your building principal signs the note, it will be returned so the student can give it directly to their bus driver.