There's nothing we enjoy more than sharing the good news about our wonderful students and staff members—and we have a lot of great things to share! Read all about student and faculty awards and accomplishments, past happenings, upcoming events, and more from the comfort of home or on the go.
Registration is now open for Otto-Eldred School's preschool and kindergarten programs for the 2021–2022 school year! Please visit the registration page to download an enrollment packet. You can also email Mrs. Strait or call her at (814) 817-1385 for questions regarding the registration packet. Preschool requires the student to be four years old on or before September 1, 2021. Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1, 2021.
The CDC is aware you may not know, but there are differences between quarantining vs isolation. When you quarantine, you keep someone who has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 away from others. Isolation keeps someone who is sick or tested positive for COVID-19 without symptoms away from others, even in their own homes. For more information, please visit the CDC website. Also take a moment to read the CDC Guidance on protocols for testing and direct contacts of positive COVID cases.
You should quarantine when:
- You had close contact with a person who has COVID-19
- Stay home until 14 days after your last contact
- Check your temperature twice a day and watch for symptoms of COVID-19
- If possible, stay away from people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19.
You should be in isolation when:
- You are sick and think or know you have COVID-19
- Stay home until after:
- At least ten days since symptoms first appeared and
- At least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication and
- Symptoms have improved
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 but do not have symptoms
- Stay home until after ten days have passed wince your positive test
- If you live with others, stay in a specific sick room or area and away from other people or animals, including pets. Use a separate bathroom, if available.
- Flyer coming soon