Located in McKean County, Pennsylvania, the Otto-Eldred School District works together with our community members to create a learning environment that promotes literacy and academic success in all of our students.
We believe our students can learn and succeed, and it is our responsibility to provide the resources students need to develop their full potential. As such, all students who graduate from the Otto-Eldred School District will be college or career ready, possessing the literacy skills they need to be an effective member of our society.
- We believe all students can learn and succeed given appropriate standards-based curriculum and research-based instruction.
- We believe staff and physical facilities should provide a supportive, safe, and secure environment in which to learn.
- We believe each student is unique and the educational experience should encourage and develop creativity and innovation.
- We believe educational excellence must be supported by continuous evaluation of facilities and resources, engaging instructional practices, and effective uses of technology.
- We believe education is a lifelong pursuit and students must be equipped with the skills for success to compete and thrive in a tech-driven, global society.
- We believe in dedication to excellence and high academic expectations while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- We believe academic excellence is achieved through innovative and engaging instruction that is supported through continual and individualized professional development.
- We believe education should promote gratitude over entitlement, character development, ethical behavior, and a positive self-image which leads to being responsible citizens.
- We believe effective leadership at all levels is essential to the success of our educational program.
- We believe encouragement and support of innovation, flexibility, and creativity is necessary in order to successfully adapt to change.
- We believe that the school, students, family, and community should have shared responsibility and shared decision-making in the educational process through collaboration and communication.
- We believe excellence in all areas is identifiable, measurable, achievable, and worthy of pursuit.